BIBLICAL EQ develops wisdom of heart and mind along Scriptural Christ-centered guidelines and also assists you in developing a mature Spirit-filled perspective on your life.
The practical exercises and deep insights will help you to "get unstuck" from persistent issues.
As you develop a more biblical belief system you will be able to conquer fear, anger and awkward reactions.
You will also be able to handle the stresses and conflicts of life and ministry, and be a better Christian leader.
EQ is emotional intelligence - the capacity to be wise and masterful - both emotionally and relationally.
Biblical EQ is the godly and wise management of emotions and is a key skill in Christian living and in serving God effectively.
Biblical EQ explores the possibility of Jesus being our model for Christian emotionality and what that means for our own self-understanding, emotional healing, personal mastery and for our day to day living.
This book was originally written to help Christian workers master the emotional stresses and strains of missionary service but is relevant to all Christians.
It is written from an evangelical/charismatic perspective that takes Scripture as the basis for all its conclusions. It also incorporates some secular knowledge that is "Christian compatible".
Why Do I Need Emotional Intelligence?
- According to Daniel Goleman 85% of career success (among people starting out in the same profession) is not due to IQ (intellect) but to EQ (emotional intelligence, ability to read people, life and situations)
- EQ helps us to be not just smart - but also wise.
- A lot of Christian growth involves the use of emotional wisdom and discernment.
Does My Church/ Organization Need Biblical EQ?
- Do you want to build a more mature leadership team?
- Do you want a really solid and deep spiritual growth program?
- Do you have some staff who erupt emotionally or engage in significant misunderstandings?
- Are you a tech organization which needs to understand its emotional environment better?
- Do you have staff who face stress and burnout?
- Are you in a secure or high-pressure situation?
- Are you a compassion ministry where your emotions are called on all the time?